We understand how important your personal information is and your right to privacy.
The statements below set out the basis on how we may use data that we collect from and about you, How we use data you have submitted to us and how we may process and store this data.
Most recent revision date: April 20th 2019
Definition of Terms
Website/Platform - Refers to Accomadog.com
Us/We/Our - Refers to Accomadog the business
Accomadog - Refers to the trading name of Capital Leisure Ltd
You/Subscriber - Refers to all website visitors and customers
1. Where & Why we Collect Information
Where we collect information from:
- The phone on a one to one call or when we monitor calls
- When you enter our website
- Our social media channels or marketing collection forms
- When you register to become a subscriber or to receive our marketing literature and newsletters
- From purchasing a product or service
- Entering a contest, sign-up for special offers or complete a survey
- We may occasionally collect financial and other information about you from a variety of sources including from references you have provided to us, transactions you have made with or through us, credit reporting agencies, and other financial institutions.
We will ask you to provide information that enables us to complete your request, to provide better service or to offer you products and services we believe you might be interested in where we have your consent.
What information we collect:
- Information About You - Information essential for fulfilling most registration and membership requests and applications includes -
- Information establishing your identity - such as your name, address, phone number, title, business phone number, email address, date of birth, Passport details, driving licence details, Identity card details
- Information to authenticate your identity - such as knowledge-based information (i.e. username, password and account information), biometric information (i.e. signature, fingerprint and voiceprint), device information (i.e. device model, browser type, IP address, security cookie and approximate physical location of a device)
- Information related to transactions - arising from your relationship with and through us, and from other financial institutions and referencing agencies
- The information you provide on an application - for the provision of our membership products and services, such as your holiday home addresses, information relevant to the authentication of property ownership - such as title deeds, other land registry information, tax documents in relation to the physical property
- Information pertaining to business clients - will include your business name, address, phone number, email address, industry type, financial status and detail(s) on the owner(s), operator(s) and director(s)
- Additional information - may be requested to help us determine your eligibility for products and services that we offer
- Providing us with your information is always your choice
2. How we use your Data
The following table shows the types of data we collect, why we collect it and the reason we need to process the information.
Why we need your information
Why we need to process your information
Becoming a new subscriber
-To complete security checks and activate an account
-To send you account operational instructions
-To send account updates
-Provide you with information relevant to your subscription
-Provide you with login credentials
Marketing – SMS, Email, Postal
-Send you information based on preferences
-Reply to your direct enquires
-Send you information on special offers
General website advertising or event advertising orders
-Process order forms
-accounts and Invoice/ payment handling
-Setting up of the order and send you confirmations
Marketing General - We will use your details to send you information about our products and services from time to time where you have opted in to receive them, though you may unsubscribe at any time on the actual communication you have received by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. How we Share your Information
We may share your information in the following circumstances where permitted under GDPR guidelines. Where we do share your information, we will ensure that the third party is protective of your privacy.
- When We Work Together – We may share information between and in our company, its subsidiaries, and affiliated companies for purposes of management and analysis, decision making, and other business purposes. For example, we may share your information with our subsidiaries and affiliated companies to administer our loyalty programs, process orders and requests, and expand and promote our product and service offerings
- When We Work with Service Providers – We may share your information with service providers that provide us with support services, such as credit card processing, website hosting, email and postal delivery, location mapping, product and service delivery, analytics services, or conducting academic research
- When We Work with Marketing Service Providers – We may share your information with marketing service providers to assess, develop and provide you with promotions and special offers that may interest you
- When You Give Consent – We may share information about you with other companies if you give us permission or direct us to share the information
- When the Information Does Not Identify You – We may share your information in a way that does not directly identify you. For example, we may share information about your use of our websites and mobile applications in a manner that does not identify you or may combine information about the nature or frequency of your transactions with similar information about other people and share the aggregated information for statistical analysis and other business purposes
- When You Post on Our Websites – If you post information on a holiday property listing or a blog or members forum or any another part of our websites, the information that you post may be seen by other visitors to our websites and other websites where they have been linked.
4. How we Allow Others to Collect your Information
When you use our websites or mobile applications, we may allow third parties to collect device and usage information and location information across your different devices through mobile software development kits.
These third parties collect this information for purposes consistent with their own privacy policies. However, you can make the choice to opt in or out depending on your personal preferences as and if they are presented to you or you can choose not to use our website, if you don’t agree with the use of the following:
- Third Parties Generally - We may provide to third parties information about you that does not allow you to be identified or contacted, including where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our Website. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our Website, the demographic breakdown of the registered users of our Website, or the activities that visitors to our Website engage in while on our Website. The third parties to which we may provide this information may include potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services (including website tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties.
- To Display Ads for Products or Services – We allow some advertising companies to collect this information in order to display ads that are most relevant to you across your different devices and on our own and others’ websites and mobile apps.
5. Your Information & Your Rights
To exercise any of the rights below, we will first have to confirm your identity, by either: your passport, your driving licence, your birth certificate.
Right of Access – You have the right to know if we hold any data with respect to you and what the contents of that data are. You can contact us at email@example.com and request a copy of your data. We would hope to fulfil your request within 25 days. There is a one-off charge of £10 to receive this data pack.
Right to Erasure – You may ask us to erase your data if you think we no longer have a valid reason to store it. We will review your request within 25 days and let you know of our decision by email. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to restrict processing – You have the right to restrict the processing of data temporarily and can apply to have this restriction put in place by emailing us at email@example.com and we will inform you of our decision within 25 days.
Right to Rectification – If you believe the data we hold is incomplete or incorrect, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org where we will inform you of our decision within 25 days.
Right to Object – You have the right to object to us processing your data in various circumstances and will be actioned on a case by case basis. To object to your data being processed, email us at email@example.com and we will respond within 25 days. For more information on objecting to your data being processed go to - https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-to-object/
While we use SSL encryption to protect our website user information online, we will use all reasonable endeavours to protect user information off-line. However, any personal details or other information entered onto or submitted through the website or by email to us is entered or transmitted at the user's risk and we shall not be liable for any such information being intercepted or accessed by any third party without our knowledge.
6. Our Employees
Access to your information is restricted to authorised employees who have a legitimate business purpose for accessing it. For example, when you call us, we carry out an on-site assessment or email us, designated employees will access your information to verify that you are the account holder and to assist you in fulfilling your requests.
Unauthorised access to and/or disclosure of client information by an employee of our company is strictly prohibited. All employees are required to maintain the confidentiality of client information at all times and failing to do so will result in appropriate disciplinary measures, which may include dismissal and referral to the relevant police authorities depending on the outcome of an internal investigation.
7. Recording Phone Calls
We may monitor or record phone calls with you in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly, to resolve queries or issues, for regulatory purposes, to help improve our quality of service, and to help detect or prevent fraud or other crimes. Conversations may also be monitored for staff training purposes.
8. Laws and Legal Rights.
We may also disclose your information (including Personally Identifiable Information) if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so in order to comply with an applicable statute, regulation, rule or law, a subpoena, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or another valid legal process. We may disclose personally identifiable information in special circumstances when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms & Conditions or our Subscription Agreement or to protect the safety and/or security of our users, our company, our website or the general public.
9. Sale of Business.
We use these cookies to identify when you visit our website to help build a pattern of browsing history and to build up a demographic profile.
11. Children’s Privacy
This website is a general audience membership and search site. We do not knowingly collect information about children. Should a child to whom we know to be under 13 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information.
13. Safe Use of our Website
To find out more you can read our <Website Disclaimer>
14. Third Party Websites
Any comments or information requests should be addressed to: Head of Communications. Please refer to the address on the contacts area of our website.